Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More about boxes


Last night we worked on more double box work with the fabulous Laura Derrett. 

The three exercises that I participated in before my headache sent me packing focused on rear cross, the decell cue, and lead out pivot.

I'm quite familiar with all of these handling maneuvers and Fin and I did them with ease (although I did get a head turn on the rear cross and had to do it twice...oh and then there was the back jump on the second exercise - evil sheltie...and did I mention that I front crossed and fell over the jump ....).

It seems no matter how much I practice, there is always room for improvement. 

Right now in my back yard, I have seven jumps all set up ready for practice.  Once I finish my work for the day, I'll be heading out there to get these down so that when I see them on a course, it will be second nature.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I can put things in boxes and I can get my cat to jump into and out of boxes. Oh and I can clutter Your attic with boxes!!!