Many of you know that I have had my own learning experiences with reactivity and agression with my dogs.
I am a handler that has had the dog that:
- everyone has to be careful of
- lunges and barks at other dogs
- results in people looking at me like I have a terrible contagious disease
- causes me stress when I think about taking him for a walk
- teaches my other dogs to be reactive
- makes me feel like a failure
- is so cute and adorable and people don't listen when I say, "No! no back up and go away!"
- causes me to yell at people who say to me, "don't worry, my dog is friendly"
- I adore
Much of what was covered is in her book, but she also provided video and live demo that I thought was very helpful. This lecture was geared toward training professionals who want to use these tools in their own businesses. Because of the audience, there was much information geared toward teaching classes and privates (not what I was interested in necessarily), but I found the information to be very straight forward and easy to understand.
My plan is to work with Tazzie using the methods I learned. I already have alot of what is needed, I think consistency is one of the areas that I have let Tazz down.