Bayteam had their annual December show in Santa Rosa. I only went Saturday as I had a family thang on Sunday. There was good and bad, but mostly a ton of fun. It is hard not to smile when your dog is super speedy and happy to be running.
A few highlights:
- weaves. just amazing. only one missed entry and no pop-outs
- jumping. lovely. not problem on the spreads.
- tunnels. Ahhh the tunnel love.
- dog walk. fast and nice contacts
- startlines. brilliant.
- table. pretty darn good.
- spreads. what? did we have a problem with spreads? no way. spreads were "perfect".
- aframe. What is with the running off the board and lying down. 5 aframes, only one 2o2o. training opportunity
- teeter. both dogs did not feel the teeter love this weekend. training opportunity
- tight turns. combination of go go go and handler late or not in the right place. training opportunity
- going wide. flanking. training opportunity (interesting there was no going around spreads, but a couple singles and the teeter - perhaps a little avoidance, but mostly flanking). training opportunity
All in all a very fun day. Usually this venue is frigidly cold. It was a balmy 60 something and truly beautiful sunset as we waited for our jumpers course.