Friday, August 31, 2007

Consistency




Of regularly occuring, dependable nature.

Today I want to talk about consistency. However, first I must give credit where credit is due. The photo of the day is from my friend Rob Michaski. He is an amazing photographer/dog trainer/english professor that I've gotten to know over the past 5 years. Just getting back from Australia, he shared some of his pictures with me. They are LOVELY. This one is an example of what he was able to capture on his trip. The timing is perfect a few minutes either side and the clouds would have changed the whole dynamic of the image. Rob's timing seems to be impecable in many areas of his life. He truly is a mentor for consistency.

This photograph makes we want to be there. It draws me in creating a sense of warmth and beauty. Our lives should be more like this photo. What we do should make us feel good and want to do more of it.
Procrastination is the enemy of consistency. I find myself procrastinating even when I want to do something. Consistency is hard, procrastination is easy. It is easy to do nothing for no reason. It is difficult to do something for some reason - until of course you do it, then you say, "Well that wasn't so hard, looking back I don't know why I didn't do it before."

I look around me and I see people who are better at being consistent in their lives than me. I see people who struggle with consistency on a daily basis. I spend alot of time myself struggling with consistency. I think my goal for this week is to be more like how that photograph makes me feel. Calm, cool, warm, inspired.

No comments: