Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Planes, trains, and automobiles
Yesterday was the day to make all the reservations. I was on the phone for over an hour with the airlines and still have to call back with additional information. Traveling with my friend will make the trip easier but no less stressful. We've decided to fly direct to a city that is close to our destination and drive the rest of the way rather than have to change planes and worry about the dogs. Well, we'll probably worry about the dogs anyway.
Yikes. Right now I'm planning on leaving Olive at home. A miracle would have to occur for her to qualify for Nationals in the two shows she will be eligible for in this qualifying year. That means it is just Fin and me in cabin. The other dogs (BC's) will be in cargo. If in fact Olive finds it within herself to get the 4 Q's she needs, then she'll also be in cabin and be Laura's in cabin dog.
Our first flight will be at night (harder on us but we figure easier on the dogs). Flight home will be in the middle of the day.
Adventure awaits us! October will be a very interesting month.