Sunday, January 9, 2011

Agility, Cold Feet, and Christmas!

Got up this morning and headed out for a fun match in the wonderful city of Turlock.  I must thank the folks that put this show on.  It was freak'n COLD!  They were out there making sure the courses were set up and we were having a good time.  It was a small group of us that braved the central valley fog, but it was so worth it.

Fin got to go and spend "mommy" time.  I got to hang out with my best bud.  Unfortunately, both Laura's and my brain must have misfired this morning as neither she nor I wore water proof shoes.  Mine were worse and within 5 minutes of arriving, my feet were soaked....hers soon after.  At one point, I was wondering if I kept running if my toes my just snap off as I couldn't feel them. 

The dogs didn't care that we might have been a little bit of weather wimps.  They just kicked butt and took no prisoners.  We played till about 11:30 and then loaded up the van, got the engine going, took off our soggy shoes and socks and drove home with the heat on "high".  My feet thawed sometime in the first 45 minutes snuggled in my down jacket. 

On the way home, Laura and I exchanged christmas presents.  She got me a BUGG!  I'm so excited.  I'm doing a good job tracking my food, and now I will be able to monitor my exercise.  I've read good things about this cool toy and will be writing up a review after a month.  I'm a lucky person!  Thanks Laura!

No comments: