Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ya don't get the highest highs without some lows...

Drove up on Friday per my plans.  Ran Fin in Gamble and worked contacts, but didn't get the gamble.  Ran standard, super job, second place :)  Grand Prix...aaaaahhhh! a refusal on a rear cross, otherwise a beautiful run.  Then got the phone call we all hate.  Tazzie is really sick, please come home.

Long story short, Tazzie has been in Emergency Care since yesterday morning.  We don't know why, but he has terrible stomach flu type symptoms.  Could be he ate something, could be a blockage, could be something more sinister.  It took hours of IV fluids and meds before he was considered stable.  I thought maybe he was getting better, but last night symptoms returned and it was a rough one.  As you can imagine we've agreed to whatever care he needs.  I've spent as many of the past 24 hours with him that they will allow (small emergency clinic and he is hooked up to hydration..not room for visitors).  The care is great and looks like he'll probably spend another night there.

He is getting better.  Still won't touch food.  But my last visit with him, in my opinion he was best I've seen him since I left on Friday afternoon and he was running around chasing the sprinkler.

Hate to see any of my dogs sick.  But those of you who know me know that my little Turd holds a very special place in my heart.  I hate to see him sick like this :(  The question that is foremost in my mind is why?  What in the heck is going on with the little Dude.

Amended 9:47pm:  Tazz is home!  Got the call to come get him, he finally ate and I rushed up to get him (thanks Trish for helping)!  He is sleeping on the sofa with his dad right now as I'm cleaning beds and making up our bedroom with an xpen for him.  Still don't know what happened (anywhere from ate something to an alergy to something).  At this point doesn't matter.  what matters is he is home and seems very happy (albeit very weak).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope he is well soon

Diana said...

So happy Tazz is home!! How very scary.

corbinwooten said...

Glad to hear that he is doing better.

Elf said...

Hate it when my dogs are sick. I'm so very glad he's home.