Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A few moving pictures from the weekend.

Standard:  A clean run.  This course was difficult for her for judging distance.  You can see her jumping wasn't the best, but she kept the bars up.  I am so proud of her for choosing to take the jump after the weaves.  You can see in the video that she started to go around it and had to make a decision to actually jump it.  Good girly!  I also LOVE her turn out of the tunnel to the dogwalk.  Super speedy and allowed me to drive ahead.  Late cross at the ending by me resulted in some wasted time, but it was enough of teamwork to get the Q.



TWO gambles.  I'm still giggling with the excitement.  There was much miscommunication but Fin was wild and out there grabbing all the points she could even when I was standing still not doing much.





Jumpers:  Not a Q, I sent her off course, but there is so much that is good about this run.  My timing in the opening - sooooo very happy with my lead out and following FC.  I could have run a little deeper to help Fin with the blue jump, but she saved me there.  I thought overall her jumping was great.  This was the last run of the entire weekend and it is good to see her still strong and happy.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Wow she was on fire!! Awesome weave pole entry in standard.

corbinwooten said...

Congratulations! Two gamble Qs IS very exciting! We're chasing some ourselves :)

Curious, did you put the turn out of the tunnel on command? They are beautiful!

And lastly, you mentioned Fin's jumping problems. Does she usually have issues?

vici whisner said...

@corbinwooten: Yes Fin has had problems with jumping. It started when she had a pulled/torn iliopsoas. I took over six months to bring her back and thought we were doing really well, but she has ups and downs and continues to lack confidence on spreads. So I decided after the USDAA Nationals to move her to performance. I have also been doing a ton of analysis to see where the problems are to see if my handling can help her. I am very happy to say that I am seeing results. I am hopeful that at some point I will go back to 16" championship, but for now we are having a blast and that is the most important thing :)