Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Attention to Detail Wednesday


Today I walked into the garage and something scurried.  Yikes.  I decided it was my imagination.  Went to the dentist (on my list of todos that I hate).  Stopped by the store.  Drove back into the garage and closed the door.  Something definitely was in the garage.  I hate it when this happens.  

So, I brought in the expert.  I figured I needed her to tell me whether or not I was imagining things.  What transpired was a great deal of searching, then cornering, then barking, then screaming (I did not know that rats screamed…there would be bark, bark, bark, then screeeeeeeeeeeam), then me picking up Olive and running into the house.  I did not have the heart to help her get into the corner to kill the rat.  What I did do Is open the garage about 3 inches and wait.

An hour later, I took my expert to the garage and she searched and told me that the little rat had moved.  She was really searching, but didn’t find it…the movement was in the direction of the open door.

Two hours later, she was more interested in the ball then the garage.  Whew….a nice happy ending.

So what does this have to do with attention to detail.  Well my friends, often when I don’t want to deal with something, I ignore it. That rat running wasn’t a rat.  Just my imagination.   Maybe even forget about it.  Did I really eat so much while I was cooking.  Was that snack really that fatty?  How many nuts did I actually eat…I didn’t eat that whole bag….some must have fallen out.  

If you find yourself stuck, you might want to pay more attention to the foods you are putting into your body.  It might be that you are not paying attention enough.  I know that I simply forget about food I eat sometimes.  Also change it up.  Add more veggies and variety to the meals you eat.  sometimes the change up gets your body in that weight loss mode again.

So, don’t ignore the rat in the garage.  Notice the things that are happening and face up to it.  Olive can’t help us with our diets, only rats.

No comments: