Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fitness for Agility - new soup

I'm always in search of easy, yummy, filling, low cal, receipes. Sometimes I just come up with something off the top of my head.

I saw this Turkey meatball soup on the biggest loser and have wanted that receipe. I had not found it, so I made up my own. My first attempt...well let's just say, didn't work. This second attempt has definately hit the mark. First make the meatballs:
-mix raw ground turkey, garlic paste, basil, chili, and a splash of worstasure sauce.
-make into little turkey balls
-heat a fry pan and spray with pam
-cook over medium heat (don't overcook)
-set aside (I put in a Tupperware in the fridge)

Slow cooker on low, add
-two cans of low salt/low fat chicken broth
-two cans chopped tomatos
-two cloves garlic
-dried portcini mushrooms (one package)
-salt and pepper

cook on low 4 hours
add meatballs
cook on low 2 hours (or just keep cooking until ready to eat)

Yum!

No comments: