Thursday, August 27, 2009

Breaking the Law in the name of Fitness

On Wed evenings I have agility class in east san jose at the wonderful PowerPaws training facility. One of the things I'm trying to do is do a better job of warming both myself and Fin up before we do agility. I had this idea, why not go a little early and walk along the trails of a park. I looked up the rules and (evidently I clicked on the wrong thing) saw, dogs on leash. I headed out. The sign at the trail head did not have any rules. So I headed in for a nice 40 minute walk.
One thing I like to see is bathrooms on my walks and looky here, 15 minutes into it a bathroom, this is luxury...but oh no..

The bathroom was chained and no admittance.
Fin had a fun time and was actually more interested in tugging on her leash today than walking, but we kept going anyway. Any time I try to jog with her she gets all giggly wiggly and wants to tug, so we did some of that.

The views were beautiful and I saw some potential walks in our future. Unfortunately all of my visions of hiking were squashed when I found out that I was illegally walking my dog on these trails. Unfortunately I clicked on the incorrect link and my info was faulty and NO DOGS in Alum Rock Park.

We did have a fun class and Fin was spectacular.

2 comments:

Elf said...

And that's different from what it used to be, as I hear from people who used to be able to run their dogs off leash in parts of the park. I don't know how long ago that was. Or maybe they were always cheating.

Trish said...

It's actually one of my favorite hikes, though I did almost step on a baby rattler there.

Maybe one of the reasons for no dogs.