Monday, August 3, 2009

Shout out to Denmark

Hey who is the person that visits from Denmark? Love to know who you are. :) May want to visit you when I'm there!


Yesterday it was a family affair. This means Saturday was all about cleaning house and food prep and Sunday was about hanging with the family. Both days started out with visits to the gym. Getting back into a regular schedule. Need to loose 10 pounds by Sept 1!
I cooked a very healthy meal based around "salad." My sister is also trying to be more fit and it was her birthday. I ask, "Peg, what do you want to eat?" She responded, "salad and for desert, berries."
I grilled a bunch of veggies, cut up tomato's with basil and mozzarella cheese, b-b-q'd prawns, chicken, and pork. My mom brought deviled eggs and I put out almonds as a snack.
When we were eating, my mom said, "I hardly miss the bread." My cousin then said, "Wow, I didn't even notice till just now that there was no bread." I feel that was a success. I was able to put out a good healthy meal and most of the guests didn't even realize they were eating healthy.
Desert was fresh strawberries, blue berries, black berries and whipped cream. Yummy.
We played games and swam. A fun time with everyone.

2 comments:

Trish said...

when are you going to denmark?

Bluedog said...

Hi Vici
So I try again, this time I will log in, so you can see my profile and hopefully my blog too:o)
My name is Vicky and I am the danish persom who visits your blog quite often:o)
I have two sheltie boys, Dooby, a 9½ year old oversized tricolor and Zimba, he is blue merle and 3 years old. We do rally-o, obedience, tracking, tricks and also agility from time to time.
Hope to hear from you, would like to hear more about you and your dogs, especially Fin:o)
Best wishes
Vicky and the boyz