Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm Back...well sorta

The past weekend found Kel and I on an adventure. No dogs. Just husband and wife. My good friend Lindsay took a big step and married her long time guy Mike. I LOVE Mike. The wedding was fun and the reception was full of good friends, food, and yummy cake. We dressed up (I even wore makeup and heels!), danced, ate, and celebrated the commitment of two people. Fun!

At 3pm, the reception was coming to a close and Kel and I headed to the coast to visit Disneyland. We stayed at the Disneyland hotel with a wonderful view of the hotel gardens from our 11th floor room. Although the room was small, it was adequate for our needs with a comfortable bed a large bathroom, and a beautiful view.

Micky was in the house, and so were about a million other people. We were at the park by 4:30 but by 6:30, we were exhausted by the crowds and went back to the hotel to find a sports bar for dinner. Kel was able to watch LSU for an hour and we grabbed a bite before heading back to the park.

Overall, we had a good time. I came down with a cold on Sunday so our afternoon was spent sleeping but we went out again in the evening after a lovely dinner at Napa Rose.

Some highlights of Disneyland:
  • Segwey tour before the park opened on Monday was the BEST!
  • Soaring over California hand glide simulation.
  • Train roller coaster
  • Pirates!
  • Fireworks
  • Dinner at Napa Rose (Grand Californian Hotel)

A HUGE thanks to Trish for taking such good care of my babies!