As many of my friends have incredible successes in agility, some of my friends are struggling. Certainly when one struggles, it can be handler issues, but those we can work on. When the struggle is about your dog, it is heart breaking.
I like the sport of agility. I like:
- the gophers poking their heads out when you are trying to get a down on the table
- the sunshine, the frost, the mud, the grass, the dirt,
- the chill in the air when I first arrive and look to find my course maps,
- the shoes I get to buy,
- the people I meet through the sport,
- the anticipation of my run, hanging out with my dog getting ready to go in the ring,
- the really tough courses that cause us to raise our game,
- the moans when I go off course 3 obstacles from the finish,
- the time spent strategizing with my friends,
- the smell of the b-b-q when a food vendor is cooking lunch,
- the hope that every time I step up to the line I could have a clean fast run,
So as this we fall into winter, I look forward to a few more trials before it all starts again in January. I am committed to enjoying every moment and thankful that I've found this sport.