Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dirty little secrets

Poo eaters.  I had no idea how prevalent it was.

Disgusting. Just plain gross.

I feel like I need a support group.  Olive would stand up and say, "I'm a poo eater, and proud of it!"

Now that I have a poo eater, my yard is constantly clean.  I pick up poop immediately, rain or shine. I always have a poop bag on me when in the back yard.  I follow the dogs around with flashlight in one hand and poop bag in the other. I've become somewhat obsessive about my cleanup. 

My husband laughs and me and my new complusion.  Laugh all you want husband unit, she gives you kisses too!

Now that I have a poo eater, I am very sensitive to the issue.  I never knew so many people had this issue.  It has come to my attention that some famous agility dogs and some up and coming dogs are poo eaters also, I'm learning to embrace the challenge.  Can I get the poo before she does?

Maybe I just didn't listen before, but in the past few months, I've heard more about poo eaters then ever in my life.  I've heard the following:
  • We have a special area for "dog name here" because she eats poo (so these guys let their poo eater only out in one area that is special for her...all the other dogs share an area).
  • My pup went outside for a while then came running into the house twirling a long dried poo in the air (much chaos ensued).
  • I hate it when he grabs and gulps poo on the walk.
  • Well, mine only eats dried up poo (like that is better than a fresh poo eater?  Ok, maybe it is, I'm not going to judge).
  • I've learned to ignor it.  I think if I don't make a big deal about it, it will go away.

It is so very hard for me to believe that my sweet young thing does anything wrong.  She is most perfect in every way.
 
Last night I set up a tricky jumpers course for students.  I practiced the sequence with Fin and she rocked it.  Then I thought, why not...brought out Olive and she did great!  If I'd stop smiling and giggling while running her, I could probably move faster.  She is "getting it" and for sure enjoying the ride.  Love my little dirty martini ...even if she is a poo eater.




1 comment:

corbinwooten said...

Hahaha! I think the same about Lexi. She's too cute for that!

But she thinks rabbit poop is a delicacy!