Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ok, I admit it. It was Hot today

Driving home at 4, the temp outside was 98.  No wonder I was sweating while I was walking my courses this afternoon.

First run was at 8:30.  Fin and I Q'd in Fast.  She did pop her weaves in the opening which was a theme for the rest of the day.  My next run was at 2:30.  For Standard Fin decided that she could jump the double from 7 feet away.  That didn't work out so well.  Then she popped the weaves on our way out.  Other than that, she was a good dog and tried hard.

Last run was JWW.  Oh dear.  I think maybe there was too much waiting around in the heat for Fin.  She was naughty.  I couldn't help but laugh.

Lots to train this week.  I guess the most surprising was her weaves.  She has been rock solid in weaves and I've been really proud of them.  To miss 3 sets means we'll be working these all week.

The drive home was uneventful, but as I got closer and closer to home, the temps kept going down.  A nice 75 here in Morgan Hill.

Am I really going back to Dixon in two weeks?  I'll really have to evaluate the weather.

1 comment:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Congrats on the Q. I know what you mean about the heat, people keep telling me who cares if it is hot you have a border collie, but we all know what I say about that, I am nOT a border collie so it just makes it hard to keep the energy up. Your 75 degrees at home sounds SWEET!!! Sounds like a good trial and like you will have fun this week working on your "list".