Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Learning my letters...


If you are an agility enthusiast, immediately, before breakfast, before work, before you take your shower, order this book.  Alphabet Drills by Nancy Gyes, is jam packed full of fun and education.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I get out in my field and I ask myself, what am I going to work on today?  I generally have a list of things that I need to practice:
  • Wraps
  • Rear Cross
  • The dreaded Threadle
  • Timing of my front cross
  • Lead outs
  • Send to the backside
  • etc.
Before I got Nancy's book, I would use my old clean runs to get ideas for practicing these handling moves or fumble with setting something up.  It is time consuming and takes away from my training time.

Now, I just look through the book.  There is a letter for everything.  Many of these letters only require a few jumps so you can set it up anywhere.  On page 181 there is a very handy grid that lists a number of handling challenges and the letters that help work that challenge.  Now I decide what I'm going to work on, find an appropriate letter, set it up, and I'm ready to go.

Go now and get this book!  www.cleanrun.com

2 comments:

Trish said...

I want more chicken pictures!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

LOVE IT, great book, I just want a little more time to dig into it a little more, ahahhhhh,,,,sigh....