Friday, August 19, 2016

It's Closet Shopping Friday

This morning I tried on jeans I haven’t looked at in 6 months.  I put them on and didn’t have to lay on the bed to do so.  I’m actually sitting at my desk comfortably wearing them right now.  Ok, I’ll admit it, I’m also giggling and smiling.

I don’t know about you, but I get into clothing ruts.  I wear the same things because I know those things fit.  My closet if full of cloths but they didn’t fit so I ignore them.  I ignore them because I don’t want to face the fact that I can’t wear them.  

One of the cycles I get in is I lose weight and start to feel better and go online and purchase stuff that will fit as I lose weight.  Then I don’t stick to the program and that clothing item sits in my closet and is not looked at again.  Closet is full, but I’m hardly wearing anything in there.  

Instead of shopping online, I’m shopping in my closet!

What I’ve done is started a purging process (I have to so I can move…so there was motivation), but this purging has been incredibly freeing.  I have given away much of what has been taking space in my closet.  Things that don’t fit, I got big bins and labeled them by size and am ONLY keeping stuff I really love.  I have size 18 and size 16 bins. I have one shirt that is a size 8 that I absolutely LOVE so I’m keeping that one as a dream shirt.   Stuff that is left hanging and on the shelves is stuff either I wear every day or stuff that I almost can wear.  There is still a lot of cloths, and I think I need more purging, but at least I can see what I have now.

So this weekend, get in that closet of yours.  Start to organize your cloths.  Do a little shopping in there.  You might be really surprised at what you find.

No comments: