Tuesday, August 30, 2016

New Start Tuesday




I was headed up the hill for agility class and chatting with Laura.  I proudly commented that I was on day 31 and looking forward to day 60.  During this time, I was mentioning that I wanted to up-the-anti on my weight loss next month.  This month was about planning and tracking.  Being accountable.  I’ve been 100% accountable even when I stretched the limits of what I should eat a little.  I still wrote it down.

I want to keep my accountability, but I feel like I’m ready to add a new dimension.  I feel like I need to up my exercise next.  Just get out more.  Train a little harder.  I’m pretty overweight so I can’t get crazy.  Don’t want to injure myself.  But I do want to increase my metabolism a bit and start to get stronger.

Then the idea hit both of us.  Why not reset September 1 and start fresh.  Rather than day 33, September 1 will be day 1.  So instead of trucking along, I’m starting a whole new month.  Going to rock this month!!!

I’m recommending that you start fresh September 1.  Put last month behind you on Thursday.  Celebrate it, but It is in the past.  Fresh start Thursday as we are setting the clocks anew.  No more trudging along….leave that to later in the month.  September 1 is exciting, it is new, it is a chance to improve.

Now don’t go crazy on me.  The old Vici would say…well, I should have potato chips to celebrate and restart on Thurs.  NOOOOOOOO!  We have to finish this month strong!  Do good meal planning to end out the month heading to ONEderland.  We all want to be there.  Let’s get it done.

Then onThursday, what are you doing to start your new month out right?  Pick one thing that you will add to help you reach your long term goals.  For me, here’s what I’m doing in September:

  • Committing to 12000 steps a day.  Each day.  Not average.  Right now I’m averaging just about 12000, but my weekends are making up for the weekdays I’m not getting there.  I am doing it.  12000 steps a day.
  • Joining a gym.  I need to get on the treadmill and do interval training.  Absolutely need to do that.  Joining the gym and committing to 2 times a week in September.
  • Doing something for myself.  Going to a new art class (glass fusing) in September.  Something just for me.  Truly looking forward to it.

So, end this month strong and reset the clock Thursday morning.  We are going to truly Rock this month.

Lastly, I have to talk about my lunch.  OMG!  It was fabulous.

Hot pan, spray with Pam.
  • crumbled cauliflower
  • mushrooms
  • onion
  • bell pepper
  • garlic
  • salt and pepper
Saute
Microwave small bag of noodles (ramin) do not use seasoning packet (sugar)

Once veggies are nicely cooked add 1/2 pack ramin noodle and 1/2 tablespoon of your favorite sauce..I used Korean BBQ.

Stir and set aside.

Make meat or fish (I used pork) I pan cooked (with 1/2 tbsp Korean BBQ) using pam for sear then steamed with water.

Mix in some shredded cabbage to veggie mix.  Put in bowel, top with meat and enjoy.  I could not eat it all and am VERY full!  Yum.

No comments: