Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oh Rats!

I will admit.  I'm a bit prejudice.  I don't like wild rats living in my home.  If they live somewhere else, well, that is fine and dandy.  In my garage.  Not fine and dandy.  Much to my shock, I have discovered a family has taken residence.  Three down, goodness knows how many more to go.

Yes, as pets, I can see the charm.  They have sweet little faces when not scaring me to death in the dark.  But honestly I don't like the eeeeking when they are caught in the trap, and I don't like the noise of things going bump in the night when I'm going into the garage at night.


The shelties are USELESS.  It is like they don't even smell that the rats are there.  I might need a big Tom cat.  Maybe my neighbor will let me borrow theirs.  He can live in my garage for a few days.
I even considered staying home this weekend to clean the garage.  But alas, I'm going to another dog show.  I am home the following week.  Hopefully the traps will get 'em and then all I'll have is the aftermath.

What I would give for a good rat terrier about now!

1 comment:

Elf said...

I am of mixed feelings, too, but you said it all much more succinctly than I managed to (http://dogblog.finchester.org/2009/06/crisis-of-conscience.html ). Nice work. Love the sketches. Think we finally took care of the rats; now it's mice.