Fin and I are playing again, albeit, carefully. Had a fun weekend with one day AKC and one day Derrett seminar. Learned so much both days.
Jumpers: The opening felt really great, it was smooth and fast. I was behind on the straight away to the weaves and we lost it there. Never really got our mojo back, but had fun getting outta dodge :)
Ah. Standard: Note to self. Practice leadout using a collapsed tunnel. Otherwise a fantastic run.
Things to take away from both the trial and my seminar.
- Work on my lead out pivots, success and failure. Success with jumps, failure with the collapse tunnel.
- Work my rear crosses, need to tighten those up and run through them, no more decell to set Fin on the correct line, move into it rather than stopping.
- Work around the back (my out cue) in a lead out pivot situation.
- Work independence on difficult lines (90 degree from weave to a broad).
- Contacts, whew, at least those are good.
- Continue weave independence training
Honestly, I'm just happy my knee is holding up. Mild discomfort still, but healing really nicely. I certainly dodged a bullet on this one.