Friday, January 27, 2012

Another day, another Hike.

This morning I might have lost my mind a little.  I thought to myself, "Self, lets you and I take on a challenge today and hike to the top top, not just the little top....but the really tall top."  What was I thinking!?!

I was going to stop and pick up the Monkey, but she was unavailable.  She has a very busy schedule.  I'm hoping she has time for me next week. 

We headed up the trail and when we got the the place we usually turn, I just kept going.  About half way up I had to stop.  I used the excuse that the dogs may be dehydrated and probably needed some water.  I have no idea how far to the top I was, but the thing that I was sure of was that there was no relent from the uphill anytime soon.

Dogs were happy to have a bit of water.  I looked at the map.  Decisions.  Do I continue the madness, or turn back.  


I kept going.  It was hard.  But I did it.  Ended up going about 5.5 miles and 1600+ elevation.  Once up there, it was a really nice flat to rolling walk, not many views, but a bunch of trees.  Very nice and peaceful.  Only problem was the flat part was too short, then it was all down hill.  The only other person that I saw was a man (near the end of the hike) with two reactive dogs.  What's the chance of the only two people walking reactive dogs actually run into each other?  I guess pretty good.