Jan. 2002. I open it up to a random page and the topic is: "Functional Fitness for Handling" The focus is on Deceleration Strength. Totally appropriate for me.
It is interesting. The entire issue is B/W except for the cover and back page. Alot more text than in more recent issues, but the topics are absolutely appropriate 7 years after the publication date.
- Nancy Gyes talks about start line stays
- Strategies for handling agility courses
- Reviews of National competitions
- Nested Courses
- K-9 health
- Plans for building agility stuff
- Speeding up contacts
- Tips for handling a dog that is faster than you
- Strategies for handling stress in dogs
Here this issue of Clean Run has sat in my closet for probably 6-7 years. Sure, handling has come along way. Yes courses have changed over the years, but there is still a ton of good information in these old clean runs. Pull one out and see what it has to say, you might learn something.
Me, I'm going to go learn about exercises that will help me get fit for my future handling needs.
PS: It even has an American Staffordshire Terrier on the cover.