Monday, January 5, 2009

Agility Monday

Gosh it is hard to go back to work.

I'm really thinking I could use another couple of weeks off. I feel like I didn't get anything done. I did finish my Christmas shopping, got all the presents wrapped, organized all the christmas wrap (thanks mom), had new years here at the house, fit in a bunch of agility practice, did the laundry AND folded the laundry. I guess looking back. Some things did get done, but it still feels like an unfinished vacation.

Don't get me wrong. I'm grateful for the work. Just wish I could do it next week is all.

So today. Agility Monday. Did a little work out this morning. Ran Fin in some drills. Then this evening I took her to Jump n Java for some indoor agility fun. I tried very hard to remain calm and work on her jumping. Overall I felt that she and I did well. Looking back, there were a couple of missed opportunities for reinforcement (especially when she went around the jump twice and then I DID NOT reward her when she did go over the jump...dumb dumb dumb). But overall, I felt that I kept her calm enough to keep her head.

She LOVES jump n java and the noise level seems to crank her up to a fever pitch. Sometime I'm gonna take my video because the noise is unbelieveable.

Tomorrow we are off to agility at PowerPaws in the morning. Tazzie gets to run and enjoy individual time with the mama. It will be fun.

1 comment:

Trish said...

It's unfinished vacation cause you never got sister day! Saturday we'll complete your vacation :)